Monday, June 16, 2008

WORK IN PROGRESS ...

For the last few days we have been working on the module Acquisition. As mentioned in the last post all the three failures in this module were raised due to C-API changes. We were trying to map the tp_richcompare to the compare function which was mapped to the tp_compare function. We made this change with the help of Sidnei, our mentor.

The part of the code introduced was copied from the datetimemodule.c from python2.5. We had tested the patch against both python2.4 and 2.5 with no failures or errors. We have checked in the patch to Zope checkins. We have asked for a review in Zope mailing list also.

At present there are two failures and one error. We are now trying to fix these. After this we will move on to the RPython implementation. Thats all for now..

Thank you.

4 comments:

robotadam said...

Excellent work - thanks for taking on this task.

ranju. said...

Thanks for the compliments.

NIKHIL said...

Hi,
Well done and keep going.

Bristow said...

@Nikhil Chettan

Thank you...